Venetian Rowing Lessons: Prova la voga!
Row Venice offers three different ways to try your hand at Venetian rowing; make your choice and book directly online yourself.
Our classic, 90-minute, private lesson for up to four people in a traditional, Venetian hand-crafted all-wood batellina craft.
• Offered from 10 a.m. through 4 p.m (from 8:30 a.m. from Apr-Oct)
• Total cost (per boat) is €85 for 1 or 2 people, €120 for 3 people, and €140 for 4 people.
• For groups of more than 8 people, cost is €40 per person.
Where foodies and wine enthusiasts follow their private lesson with un giro d’ombra, employing their newly acquired skills to row to two separate bàcari wine bars, sampling food and wine of Venice (included).
• 2.5 hours. Jun-Aug, 17:30 p.m. Apr-May, Sept-Oct, 11.30 and 17.30; Nov-Mar, 11:30 a.m. only (due to early sunset).
• From €220 – €280 per boat for 1-4 people, food and drinks included. Available for up to 3 boats only.
A 90-minute, private evening rowing lesson that takes place in the Canale Grande after the city begins to relax. From dusk on.
• Offered at 8 p.m. Apr–Oct, and at 5:30 p.m. Nov – Mar
• €180 total for from 1-4 people
Row Venice Srl SD is a non-profit organization; note that part of your lesson payment goes to support women and youth voga alla veneta athletes, along with a variety of associations that organise activities that promote and sustain this unique rowing style in Venice, and beyond.
Whether you row Venice only once with us, or continue it as a leisure activity, part of a rowing event, or sporting regate —you’ll come to understand how the voga is an integral part of Venetian heritage.