Tour Ops & Travel Pros
Thank you for your interest in Venetian rowing lessons with Row Venice; we very much appreciate your offering the opportunity for your clients to prova la voga.
Row Venice is a non-profit association that supports women and youth athletes and the presence of the voga and traditional boats in the city of Venice. We have two beautiful, rare, spacious batelline that we use regularly for our lessons; more batelline and other traditional craft may be available for larger groups. With two boats and over twenty instructors, our goal is fulfil every request we receive.
Here are the activities we offer, and their cost:
- Lessons are 90 minutes
- Total cost (per boat) is €85 for 1 or 2 people; €120 for 3 people; €140 for 4 people.
- max 4 adults per batellina. 5 people in one group may use two boats; there is a possiblity we can obtain a larger boat for the same cost (€40 per person). Please write us in advance so that we can confirm the availability of the larger boat.
- If a family has 3 children under 11 years old, you may book for four people; make sure to list children’s ages in the Tell Us More section, and write us a separate email as well to let us know.
- PLEASE NOTE: For safety reasons, if the instructor deems that the group is older, larger, or heavier than the equivalent of four adults, one person will have to stay behind.
- Lesson start times: (8:30), 10:00, 11:30, 13:00, 14:30p, 16:00, (17.30)
- 8:30 a.m. and 17.30 p.m. lessons are only available in from April-October. Midday lessons may not be available in excessive heat.
- Lesson plus cichetti ad drinks from two bàcari (included).
- 2.5 hours, starting at €240 for two people (more than 8 people, €75 per person).
- Great for food and wine enthusiasts (request the instructor-sommelier), less appropriate for picky eaters and non-drinkers.
- Please be sure to supply any dietary preferences or restrictions.
- Start times are
Apr-May & Sept-Oct, 11.30 & 17.30;
Nov-Mar, 11:30 a.m. only (due to early sunset) and chilly temps.
- Evening lessons are conducted in the splendid, tranquil Grand Canal
- 90 minutes, €180 per boat, max 4 pp per boat
- Start times are 8pm in summer (6.30 depending on availability), 5:30 pm in winter. Nearby restaurant drop-off a possibility (we can suggest/approve restaurant; you will need to make the reservation).
We can arrange for a lesson for your group of more than 8 people for €40 per person. Up to 23 participants can row in one time slot; more that that can row in consecutive time slots.
Lessons are 90 minutes, start times are 8.30, 10, 11.30, 13, 14.30, and 16.00.
AN OPTION FOR GROUPS:
- Lesson, historic boatyard squero tour, and a traditional ‘cichettata’ snacks and drinks
- 2.5 hours total for lesson, tour, and cichettata, €100 per person, min €500.
- recommended start times are 10:00 & 11:30, but other times may be possible.
BOOKING & PAYMENT
You’ll register once to create your agency account, and then access it anytime to book each reservation. Make sure to remember your sign-in email; you may reset your password from the sign in page at any time if you forget it.
You must always use the online system to book.
Once you have an account, to create a reservation
- sign in (click Sign In To Your Account under Book Now),
- select New Booking,
- select the desired activity, date and time,
- supply client name/details and any pertinent info in the Tell Us More section, then pay to confirm.
Remember, you can always review existing bookings, change the date and time, and add additional information, and cancel your bookings yourself. Just sign in with your email and password, select Your Bookings and the desired booking to revise it.
NOTE: When booking, the name will always be your Agency name; supply the details such as client name, booking name, and other contact info in the “Tell us more” text box.
We do not require date or place of birth for agencies. Enter current date in date of birth, enter Agent followed by your name and agency details for invoicing in country of birth.
As a non-profit with a number of substantial fixed costs and skeleton admin staff, we are not able to offer commission. We try to keep the cost of our activities as low as possible, however, so that tour operators and travel pros are able to add booking fees and still keep our excursions reasonable for travelers.
Depending on the volume of bookings, you may request to pay via wire transfer by special arrangement. Payments will be made to the account below.
Please copy an email to email@example.com when a wire has been executed:
Row Venice Srl Sportiva Dilettantistica
IBAN: IT 62 J 05034 02023 000000000457
Banco Popolare Società Cooperativa Murano
Fondamenta Riva Longa 25/A
30141 Murano (VE)
WHERE TO MEET
Row Venice has a single meeting point. For a map and detailed directions from various locations around the city, see WHERE TO MEET in top menu on our web site or search Row Venice Meeting Point in Google or Google Maps. Please let us know if you have any questions at all.
CANCELLATIONS, WEATHER, and NO SHOWS
- We cannot row when the wind is over 20km per hour; traditional boats have no keel and no rudder and they become unnavigable in strong winds, even in canals.
- We do not row in the rain, it is dangerous for us and for the guests, and requires bailing out the boat after the lesson has ended. Lessons may proceed in light drizzle, but this will be at the discretion of the instructor.
- In the event we must cancel a lesson due to weather, we will try to reschedule according to availability. If we are unable to do so, we will refund your payment minus a €5 administrative fee.
- Once your clients are in the boat and the lesson has begun, we cannot offer a refund.
Cancellations and No Shows
- For cancellations up to 48-hours in advance of lesson time, we will refund your payment minus a €25 administrative fee.
- We cannot offer a refund for cancellations within 48 hours of the reservation; if possible we will reschedule the lesson.
- There are no refunds for no shows; as we will still need to compensate the instructor for their time. Please make sure your client has a way to get in touch with us (email, SMS, iMessage or Whatsapp) in case they need any help on their way to the lesson. If they miss the lesson, we have availability we can try to reschedule at additional cost.
- LARGE GROUPS: For groups of more than two boats, changes and cancellations must be made TWO WEEKS in advance of your reservation; within two weeks the refund is 50% for cancellations. There is no refund or adjustment for any change made within 48 hours prior to your reservation date.
- Row Venice takes place in a quiet part of the city where we can help travelers learn to row the Venetian way in typical, tranquil surroundings. This means it may take some preparation on your clients part to understand how to best arrive (in a city that is confusing by nature, even for locals).
- Book early in their stay so that if we have to reschedule for weather, there’ll be time.
- Please make sure we have a way to communicate en route with either you or your clients (and vice versa) on lesson day should they be delayed or need our help to arrive.
- Encourage clients to review maps carefully and plan how to arrive a few minutes before their appointment. We will likely have another lesson following yours, and want to make sure they get the benefit of your whole lesson time.
*** ONE LAST REQUEST ***
Whenever possible, choose public transportation for your clients arrival. Private water taxi is not always necessary or even the most convenient, and are destructive to small canals. Before you book a taxi, we’ll be happy to suggest alternative arrival arrangements to see if they might be acceptable to you and your clients.
We thank you for your consideration, and look forward to hosting your clients in Venice, vogando!
Jane Caporal, Nan McElroy
Row Venice Srl S.D.