Venetian Rowing Lessons: Prova la voga!
Row Venice offers three different ways to try your hand at Venetian rowing; make your choice and book directly online yourself.
Our classic, 90-minute, private lesson for up to four people in a traditional, Venetian hand-crafted all-wood batellina craft.
• Offered from 10 a.m. through 4 p.m (from 8:30 a.m. from Apr-Oct)
• Total cost (per boat) is €85 for 1 or 2 people, €120 for 3 people, and €140 for 4 people.
• For groups of more than 8 people, cost is €40 per person.
Where foodies and wine enthusiasts follow their private lesson with a giro d’ombra, employing their newly acquired skills to row to two separate bàcari wine bars, sampling food and wine of Venice (included). One boat, two...or more!
• 2.5 hours, from 5:30 p.m. Apr-Oct; from 11:30 a.m. Nov-Mar.
• From €220 – €280 per boat for 1-4 people, food and drinks included.
A 90-minute, private evening rowing lesson that takes place in the Canale Grande after the city begins to relax. From dusk on.
• Offered at 8 p.m. Apr–Oct, and at 5:30 p.m. Nov – Mar
• €180 total for from 1-4 people
Row Venice Srl SD is a non-profit organization; note that part of your lesson payment goes to support women and youth voga alla veneta athletes, along with a variety of associations that organise activities that promote and sustain this unique rowing style in Venice, and beyond.
Whether you row Venice only once with us, or continue it as a leisure activity, part of a rowing event, or sporting regate —you’ll come to understand how the voga is an integral part of Venetian heritage.